Dahi Choora/Dahi Chura
- 1/2 Cup Flattened Rice/Poha/Chura thin variety
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt/Dahi/Curd
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Fruits (I used grapes pomogranate bananas)
- 2 tsp Milk
- Brown sugar/honey/maple syrup/Jaggery to taste
- Place poha in a colander and rinse under running water for couple of times. Drain and add 2 tbsp. of milk to it. Leave poha for 15-20 minutes to soak in the milk.
- Usually thin variety of poha is used in making this recipe. If you are using thick variety then soak for more time, nearly 30 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt with honey or jiggery. Add in chura to this along with fresh fruits. Serve immediately. You can even give this recipe a fancy look by layering.
- Add fresh fruits to a serving glass, top it with curd mixed poha, brown sugar and repeat another layer of fruits and choora.
- Garnish with fruits, sprinkle some brown sugar and lightly drizzle maple syrup or honey. Take a spoon and relish.
My Tip: how to check if the poha is ready? if it is soft, when you press it in between your fingers ,then it is ready to eat. And also try to use seasonal fruits to make it more tasty and healthy!!!