Desi style cardamom cupcakes
These cupcakes are made with whole wheat flour (stone ground organic atta) and organic olive oil. These butter less cupcake are not only organic & healthy but also give a new dimension to your dessert table for this Diwali.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time20Minutes
- 200 gms whole wheat flour
- 150 gm raw sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 80 gms olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 245 ml buttermilk or 1 cup milk mixed with 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1 tub or 180 gms cream cheese (I used Britannia)
- 25 ml of cream
- 2 tbsp of raw sugar
- few strands of saffron (kesar) soaked in warm milk for that
- pistachio for garnish
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients like flour, soda, salt, cardamom, sugar in a bowl (except for cream cheese, cream extra for frosting).
- Add the wet ingredients one by one to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture in the cupcake molds and bake at 160 °C for about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, once done.
- Beat all the ingredients for frosting until smooth in texture. Frost your cupcake garnished with some pistachio.
My Tip: You can also use some shrikhand as frosting for these cupcakes.