How To Make Desi style cardamom cupcakes
These cupcakes are made with whole wheat flour (stone ground organic atta) and organic olive oil. These butter less cupcake are not only organic & healthy but also give a new dimension to your dessert table for this Diwali.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Desi style cardamom cupcakes
- 200 gms whole wheat flour
- 150 gm raw sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 80 gms olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 245 ml buttermilk or 1 cup milk mixed with 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1 tub or 180 gms cream cheese (I used Britannia)
- 25 ml of cream
- 2 tbsp of raw sugar
- few strands of saffron (kesar) soaked in warm milk for that
- pistachio for garnish
Steps to make Desi style cardamom cupcakes
- Measure and mix all the dry ingredients like flour, soda, salt, cardamom, sugar in a bowl (except for cream cheese, cream extra for frosting).
- Add the wet ingredients one by one to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture in the cupcake molds and bake at 160 °C for about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, once done.
- Beat all the ingredients for frosting until smooth in texture. Frost your cupcake garnished with some pistachio.