How To Make Niramish Mangsho or Mutton
The sacrificial meat in Kali Puja that is cooked sans onion and garlic
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time60mins
Key ingredients for Niramish Mangsho or Mutton
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Niramish Mangsho or Mutton
- Mutton mixed pieces - 500 gms
- One inch cubes of raw papaya - 10
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Heeng - 1/2 tsp
- Whole cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Bay leaves - 2
- Ginger paste - 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 heaped tsp
- Hung curd - 75 gms
- Cashew and melon seed paste - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Niramish Mangsho or Mutton
- Heat ghee in a pan. Temper with heeng, cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add the mutton and papaya pieces. Turn the flame to high and fry till mutton is evenly browned.
- Beat the curd with the remaining ingredients, lower the flame and add to the pan.
- Sauté till the ghee separates from the meat and the curd.
- Add a cup of warm water to the meat, cover and cook on low flame till the meat is tender. Add little water in between to prevent from burning.
- Adjust salt and serve.