How To Make Bread pockets
Every Ramadan I come across some new recipes from family and friends, which would mainly be served in as Iftar (fast breaking) as snack during Ramadan. And so was this recipe. People back home are so talented!
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Bread pockets
Ingredients to make Bread pockets
- Bread slices 10
- Bread crumbs (Of the remaining 10 breads)
- 1 Egg beaten
- For the filling:
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. Tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Chicken boiled and shredded
- 1/2 cup Green peas i used frozen ones
- Oil for deep frying
Steps to make Bread pockets
- To make the filling:
- Heat a pan, add a tablespoon of oil. Saute onions in it. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute till onion turns golden brown.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, saute till tomatoes turns mushy. Add Kashmiri chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add tomato ketchup and mayonnaise. Mix and add frozen green peas, saute for a few seconds.
- Add chicken. Mix till the masala coats well on the pieces of chicken and switch off the flame. Keep the filling aside.
- Bread Slices preparation:
- Take the bread slices. Cut off the crust. With two slices, one on top of the other, using a rolling pin flatten the slices. Using a cookie container or any lid big enough cut circles out of the bread slices.
- Reserve the the remaining portion of bread to make bread crumbs. Repeat the same with other slices. Approximately 10 slices will be required. Dip the circles in beaten egg and coat in the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok. Deep fry the circles till it puffs up and changes color to golden brown. Transfer the fried circles onto a paper towel.
- Cut the circles from center to get pockets. Fill the pockets with filling. Add in the chopped tomatoes. Serve hot and enjoy.