Eggless Microwave Strawberry Muffins with Chocolate Buttercream Icing
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour/maida
- 1 cup Strawberry Puree
- 1 ½ cups Icing sugar
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp. Baking soda
- ½ cup Butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Milk room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 2-3 drops pink food color optional
- Grease with butter or line microwave safe mould with paper cases.
- Sift flour, icing sugar, baking powder and baking soda all together. This is our dry mix.
- Whisk butter, milk, strawberry puree, pink food color and vanilla extract until well combined. Now in this gently fold in dry mix by adding little at a time.
- Combine well to avoid lumps. Pour this into pre-arranged muffin moulds up to ¾ of its capacity. Tap gently to spread the batter evenly.
- Microwave on high for 1-1½ minutes by checking, after every 30 seconds. Microwave until tooth pick runs clean.
- Turn off microwave and leave them to sit for 2 minutes in microwave. Take out and transfer onto cooling rack and leave to cool completely before icing.
- FOR ICING:
- Using double boiler or in microwave melt dark chocolate. In a bowl cream butter and icing sugar by adding vanilla essence.
- Slowly add melted chocolate and whisk until smooth and shiny. Add this to piping bag and using your choice of nozzle create patterns.
My Tip: Microwave muffins are for immediate consumption.