Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun | How to make Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Video for key ingredients
How to make Khoya
About Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun Recipe
Traditional gulab jamun recipe with a twist. So shall we twist ? Deep fried sweet dumplings filled with the refreshing gulkand, pistachio nuts, broiled saffron and sugar candy, stewed in flavoured sugar syrup.
Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun is delicious and authentic dish. Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun by Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji is a great option when you want something interesting to eat at home. Restaurant style Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun is liked by most people . The preparation time of this recipe is few minutes and it takes 15 minutes to cook it properly. Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun is an amazing dish which is liked by the people of every region. By the help of this recipe you can definitely know how to make a perfect Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun. Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun is an amazing dish which is perfectly appropriate for any occasion. Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun is delicious as well as healthy dish because it contains large amount of healthy nutrients. Surprise your family and friends by preparing this restaurant style Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun at your home.
Ingredients to make Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun
- Haryali - 250 gm.
- All-purpose flour- 50 gm.
- Soda Bicarb- a pinch
- – a pinch
- Green Powder- 04 gm
- Chillied- As required to mix
- For covering the dough: Muslin cloth- ½ metre
- For the filling / stuffing:
- Gulkand- 50 gm.
- nuts blanched peeled and cut into halves- 25 no
- strands broiled / lightly dry roasted – 02 gm.
- candy small (Mishri)- 25 nos.
- For the Syrup :
- : 3 ½ cups
- : 1 ï†¾ th cups
- Rose - 10 ml
- Green powder very fine- 05 gm
- strands lightly broiled – 01 gm.
- Muslin cloth for straining the syrup- ½ metre
- For clarifying syrup: Milk OR Lemon juice- 05 ml.
- For deep frying- Refined Oil / Pure - as required
- For Garnishing:
- Silver leaf- 02 sheets (Optional)
- nuts blanched peeled and slivered- 15 gm.
- blanched peeled and slivered- 10 gm.
- strands broiled / lightly dry roasted – 01 gm.
How to make Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun
My Tip:Chef Tips:01.The reason for putting salt in the mawa mixture is, that salt has the tendency to enhance and bring out the sweetness in the gulab jamuns / sweets prepared. 02.Haryali mawa is a special kind of mawa used especially for making gulab jamuns. 03.Make sure the oil / ghee is not too hot while you deep fry them, as they will only obtain the colour and remain uncooked from inside. 04. Do not soak gulab jamun more than 10 minutes before serving, as they tend to become soggy and loses its original texture and shape. 05.Ratio of sugar to water may be varied from 2:1 i.e. two parts of sugar to one part of water to 1:1 One part of sugar to one part of water. 3 ½ cups of sugar to 3 ½ cups of water. 06.You may add Kewra water to the sugar syrup to enhance the aroma and flavor.