How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
- Basmati/ biryani rice- 2 cups
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Cardamom- 2
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Cloves- 2
- Onion ( chopped)- 2 medium sized
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Red Chili powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder- 1 tsp
- Green capsicum- 1/4 cup
- Frozen Corn-1/4 cup
- Carrot (grated)- 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Add onion, ginger- garlic paste. Saute till there's no raw smell. Add chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Add the veggies and cook till done. Prepare the rice by heating ghee in a deep-bottomed pan. Add in the spices. Pour water to the pan and let boil the water with lid closed.
- Once it starts boiling vigorously, add the rice and sprinkle some salt. Keep the lid closed. Once half of the water is absorbed reduce the flame from high to medium or medium low and stir the rice really well.
- Once most of the water is absorbed, put flame to really low and cook till done. Keep stirring in between. Off the flame. Add the cooked rice to the prepared masala. Mix well with flame on low, so that the flavors get well incorporated.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves. Serve hot with your favorite curries or any thick gravy.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.