- Rice - half cup - use short grain rice - washed and soaked
- Milk - 1 litre - use full cream like amul gold
- condensed milk - 1/2 cup
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Raisins - a handful
- Cashewnutes - a handful - crushed
- Wash the rice thoroughly, soak in some cold water and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, put the milk on boil. Add the bay leaves.
- Once the milk starts to simmer, add the rice.Give it a stir and let it cook for 15- 20 minutes till the rice is cooked thoroughly.
- The milk should have thickened by now. Add the condensed milk and give a good mix.
- Now add the cardamom powder,raisins and cashew nuts. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve once it has cooled down.