- 200g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150ml water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500ml Full cream milk
- 2-3 mint leaves for garnishing
- Take a pan and add 100g sugar and water,stirring all the time.Now boil without stirring until it caramelises.
- Place six heated 150 ml custard cups in a shallow tin.Quickly pour the caramel into the cups.
- Take a bowl and add eggs and the remaining sugar.Whisk slowly.
- Heat milk in a saucepan.Add vanilla extract into it.Let the milk cool for a while.
- Now add the warm milk and vanilla extract to the eggs mixture,whisking well.
- Divide the mixture between cups and add hot water to tin to come halfway up the sides.
- Bake at 170 C for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the custard comes out clean.Leave for sometime until quite cold.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
- Can be served warm or chilled.
My Tip: serve with a dollop or cream or vanilla ice cream on the side