How To Make Nolen Gur er Paayesh/ rice pudding with date palm jaggery
A rice kheer or pudding made with date palm jaggery,very different from the normal kheer and divine.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Nolen Gur er Paayesh/ rice pudding with date palm jaggery
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Nolen Gur er Paayesh/ rice pudding with date palm jaggery
- Full Fat milk- 1 liter
- gobindobhog rice/ broken basmati- 1/3 cup
- Sugar- 2-3 tbsp
- Date palm jaggery- 1/2 cup
- Bay leaves- 02
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chopped cashews and raisins- 02 tbsp
Steps to make Nolen Gur er Paayesh/ rice pudding with date palm jaggery
- Heat the milk and the bay leaves in a saucepan till it boils.
- Wash the rice, add it to the milk and let it cook on low heat while stirring in between, add the cardamom powder.
- When the rice is nearly cooked add the sugar and keep on cooking stirring continuously on low heat.
- When the kheer has thickened enough for the consistency you require take it off the heat.
- After 1-2 minutes add the date palm jaggery or Nolen Gur and stir to incorporate properly.
- Sauté the cashews and raisins in a1 tsp ghee and add it to the kheer.
- Serve it warm or cold.
My Tip: The kheer needs to be cooked on low heat throughout with stirring,otherwise it scorches the bottom of the pan.And it has to be taken off the heat while adding jaggery otherwise there's a tendency to curdle .