Fish pakora / Fish fritters
- Fish fillets - 500 gms
- Ginger garlic paste- 3 to 4 tbsp
- coriander powder- 1 tsp
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- carom seeds (ajwain)- 1 tsp
- cumin powder- 1 -2 tsp
- 1 tsp red chilli powder ( for colour but can be avoided)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Gram flour - 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Little cabbage and bellpeppers to garnish
- Make sure the fish fillets are washed and cleaned. If the pieces are too large cut to make them bite sized. Pat dry and keep aside.
- In a large bowl add ginger and garlic pastes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powders, red chilli powder, salt and juice of 1 lemon. Add the besan and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Add the fish fillets to this batter and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, make sure you add sufficient oil to deep fry the fillets.
- Slowly glide the well coated fish in the hot oil and fry till its nice and golden.
- Make sure you add only 2 to 3 fillets to the hot oil to fry so as to prevent any over crowding.
My Tip: Patting dry the fillets help it to absorb the batter better. Add more lal mirch for spicy taste and red colour.