Mexican Riceby Mishtann Basmati Rice
Mexican Rice | How to make Mexican Rice (0 likes)
- By Mishtann Basmati Rice
Created on 17th Jul 2017
About Mexican Rice
Cook restaurant style Mexican rice at home. Softly spiced long grain rice with sweetness of corn, peas and carrots.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Mexican Rice
- Basmati Rice - 200 gms or 1 cup (as per US RATIO).(rinsed twice and soaked for 20 mins).
- Onions - 1 large one, finely chopped.
- Sweet corn - 1/4 cup
- Carrot - 1 small one, diced
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Jalapenos - 3 to 5 nos diced
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves finely chopped
- Tomato puree - 1 cup approx - 150 ml
- Vegetable stock - 2 1/2 cups or 250ml.
- Cumin - 1tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper - To taste
- Salt - to taste
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp