Mexican Rice | How to make Mexican Rice (2 likes)
- By Mishtann Basmati Rice
Created on 17th Jul 2017
About Mexican Rice
Cook restaurant style Mexican rice at home. Softly spiced long grain rice with sweetness of corn, peas and carrots.
Mexican Rice, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Mexican Rice by Mishtann Basmati Rice will definitely help you in its preparation. The Mexican Rice can be prepared within 10 minutes. The time taken for cooking Mexican Rice is 15 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 1 people. The recipe details out how to make Mexican Rice step by step. The detailed explanation makes Mexican Rice so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Mexican Rice can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Mexican Rice from BetterButter.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Mexican Rice
- Basmati Rice - 200 grams or 1 cup (as per US ratio). (Rinsed twice and soaked for 20 minutes).
- Onions - 1 large one, finely chopped
- Sweet corn - 1/4 cup
- Carrot - 1 small one, diced
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Jalapenos - 3 to 5 in number diced
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves finely chopped
- Tomato puree - 1 cup approx - 150 millilitre
- Vegetable stock - 2 1/2 cups or 250 millilitre
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoon