Andhra Pepper Chicken
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Onion - 1 (chopped )
- Garlic Paste - 2 tablespoons
- Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
- curry leaves - 10 to 12
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Crushed pepper - 4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Marinate the chicken piece with turmeric powder, ginger - garlic paste, salt and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, mix and keep this in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, temper the oil with cinnamon stick, cloves and 3/4 portion of curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and cook till they turn golden.
- Add chopped green chillies and the marinated chicken, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander powder and crushed pepper, mix well and cook on low flame until the oil gets separated, stir and sprinkle some water if required.
- Add 1/4 cup water, once water will start boiling, reduce the heat and cover with the lid. Cook until chicken is done. Once chicken is soft/cooked. Open the lid and cook till the moisture evaporates.
- Sprinkle chopped 3/4 th of the coriander leaves and the remaining curry leaves.
- Before serving garnish with 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper, 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice and the remaining coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
My Tip: I always prefer to use crushed black pepper instead of ready made pepper powder, this way, you will get the fresh aroma of black pepper.