- For The Chilli-garlic Paste
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pcs whole dry kashmiri red chillies deseed
- 2 to 2 1/2 clove garlic(lehsun) roughly chopped
- For the bhaji:
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/8 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 tbsp pav bhaji masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/8 cup boiled and lightly mashed green peas
- 1/3 cup boiled peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- For The Pav
- 2 pcs ladipav
- 2 tsp butter for cooking
- 1/4 tsp pavbhaji masala
- For Serving:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 pc lemon wedges
- 1 pc roasted papad
- 1 tsp butter
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- For the chilli paste: Soak the red chillies in enough warm water for atleast an hour. Drain the chillies, add the garlic and blend in a mixer till smooth, adding little water. Keep aside.
- For the bhaaji: Heat the butter and oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the capsicum and sauté for 1 more minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, mash well using a potato masher.
- Add the salt, pavbhaji masala, chilli powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the green peas, potatoes, mix well and cook along with 1/3 cup of water for 1 to 2 minutes, while mashing it with a masher.
- For the pav: Slit 2 pavs vertically and keep aside. Heat a large tava, add 2 tsp of butter and slit open the pavs and place on it. Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides. (add more butter if needed)
- How to serve :Place ¼ th of hot bhaji, 2 pavs, ¼ cup of onions, a lemon wedge and a papad on a plate. Top the bhaji with 1 tsp of butter and serve immediately garnished with 1 tsp of coriander.