- 1.5 cup Atta
- Warm water for kneading
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Sieve the flour and salt together. Add oil and water to knead it into a dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it aside for 20 mins.
- Make medium size balls from dough.
- Roll the balls into a circular shape. Spread 1/2 tsp oil on the surface.
- Sprinkle whole wheat flour over it.
- Hold 1/3 inch approx. wide strip with first two fingers and thumb and lift and fold backwards .
- Repeat this process untill paratha is folded fully.
- Hold the ends and carefully stretch the strip a bit. And roll like swiss roll.
- Place the roll horizontally and roll into circular shape.
- Heat tawa at medium flame. Place the paratha and spread 1 tsp oil on one side.
- Flip and spread the oil again. Cook till golden brown spots appear.
- Top with butter and serve.