Homemade Pizza Sauce
How To Make Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 onion chopped and sauteed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tblsp + 6 tsp tomato basil sauce
- 1/4 cup olives chopped
- For the topping :1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Olives sliced
- 1. Chop the onion fine and saute it in a tiny bit of olive oil and keep aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl measure out all the dry ingredients - flours, baking powder, seasonings, salt. Keep aside.
- 3. In a glass break the egg, measure out the oil and milk and Del Monte Pizza sauce and mix in the cheese.
- 4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix quickly.
- 5. In a muffin lined tray, into each case drop one tablespoon of the mix, followed by a tsp of the Del monte tomato basil sauce. Drop another another tsp of the mix to seal the muffins. Top each muffin with mozzarella cheese and sliced olives.
- 6. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 C till a skewer comes out clean.
- 7. Eat hot, while using the pizza sauce as a dip.
My Tip: Don't overwork the batter, you'll get very dense muffins otherwise.