Paniyaram | How to make Paniyaram (6 likes)
- By Jaya Rajesh
Created on 31st Jul 2017
Hi friends so after my chutney post i decided to make paniyaram to go with it. This happens to be my dad’s favourite combo and my mom makes the best paniyarams. Nowadays we have the privilege of using non stick pans but previously paniyaram’s were made in iron paniyaram pans and they used to be crispy crunchy and oh so good. Though I have iron paniyaram pan this time I have used the nonstick one as it absorbs less oil. Since father’s day is coming along I thought of dedicating this post to my daddy dearest who loves whatever I make.
- Prep Time24Hours
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Paniyaram
- To grind
- 1/2 cup idli rice wash and soaked
- 1/2 cup raw rice wash and soaked
- 1 tbsp split black gram wash and soaked
- 1 tsp split bengal gram wash and soaked
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds wash and soaked
- 2-3 dry red chili’s wash and soaked
- Water as required for grinding.
- 2 tsp soaked bengal gram
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida.
- For tempering
- 1 tbsp refined oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 red chili
- 2 green chili’s finely chopped
- 1 small peice of ginger finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1 small green capsicum chopped
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 tsp split black gram
- 1 tsp split Bengal gram
- 1 tbsp chopped curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste.
- Some more oil for frying paniyaram’s.