Mambazha Pulissery/Ripen Mango in Spiced Yogurt Gravy
- 2 Ripen Mangoes
- 1 tsp Chilly powder
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Yogurt/curd
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Coconut oil/Cooking oil as required
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 Dry red chillies
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek powder
- Cut the mango into medium sized pieces and cook in water along with turmeric, green chillies, chilli powder and salt until they turn a bit soft.
- Grind the coconut with the cumin seeds to a fine paste and add this to the already cooked mango pieces, bring this to a boil and put off the flame.
- Meanwhile blend the yoghurt as a smooth paste and add this to the already prepared mango mixture. Take care while adding the yoghurt.
- Heat enough oil and add mustard seeds, let them crackle, now add red chillies and curry leaves until they turn brown.
- Add the tempered spiced to the ripen mango curry and give a stir. Finally sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well again. Serve with rice.