How To Make Mambazha Pulissery/Ripen Mango in Spiced Yogurt Gravy
Pulissery can be prepared with fruits or vegetables depending upon your tastebuds. The most popular one among the varieties of pulissery available in Kerala cuisine is this ripen mango pulissery.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Mambazha Pulissery/Ripen Mango in Spiced Yogurt Gravy
- 2 Ripen Mangoes
- 1 tsp Chilly powder
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Yogurt/curd
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Coconut oil/Cooking oil as required
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3 Dry red chillies
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek powder
Steps to make Mambazha Pulissery/Ripen Mango in Spiced Yogurt Gravy
- Cut the mango into medium sized pieces and cook in water along with turmeric, green chillies, chilli powder and salt until they turn a bit soft.
- Grind the coconut with the cumin seeds to a fine paste and add this to the already cooked mango pieces, bring this to a boil and put off the flame.
- Meanwhile blend the yoghurt as a smooth paste and add this to the already prepared mango mixture. Take care while adding the yoghurt.
- Heat enough oil and add mustard seeds, let them crackle, now add red chillies and curry leaves until they turn brown.
- Add the tempered spiced to the ripen mango curry and give a stir. Finally sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well again. Serve with rice.