Andhra Chepala Vepudu (Andhra style spicy fish fry)
- 6-9 Fish pieces cleaned and wahsed
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2-3 springs fresh Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- TO GRIND:
- 1 big Onion
- 1/2 tbsp. roasted coriander seeds
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp. dry coconut powder
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Ginger juliennes
- First make a fine paste of the ingredients mentioned under 'To Grind' by adding 2-3 tbsp. of water if required.
- Take the above ground mixture in a bowl and to this add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Combine all and gently coat the fish pieces with this masala.
- Leave this to marinate for at least 30 minutes by covering with a cling. Add 2-3 tbsp of oil to a heavy bottom pan and when the oil is warm (not hot) add fish pieces one by one depending on size of the pan. Don't crowd the pan.
- Shallow fry on both the sides of the fish pieces until nice golden. Remove onto a kitchen tissue and transfer into a serving plate. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve warm with rice and rasam/khatti dal/sambar.