How To Make Maple Granola Muffins
Made with leftover granola, these muffins taste lovely with a pat of butter
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Maple Granola Muffins
- 110g butter
- 120g light brown sugar
- 175g maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams whole wheat
- 120 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 65ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 65ml low-fat yogurt
- 250g granola
Steps to make Maple Granola Muffins
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and maple syrup together until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one.
- 3. Combine the flours, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a separate bowl. In a jug combine the milk, vanilla extract and yogurt. Add one-third of the flour mixture to the butter, sugar and honey mixture.
- 4.Then pour one-third of the milk combo in. Beat each time. Repeat until it has all been added. Now fold in the granola.
- 5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases. About two-thirds full. Bake for about 25 minutes.
My Tip: If you can't find maple syrup substitute it with honey