1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade . Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter or cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper also.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yogurt, sugar, and eggs. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Stir until well-blended .
3. Add the olive oil and mix until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Make the lemon syrup by mixing powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the syrup over it immediately.
6. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Loosen the edges from the pan with a butter knife and invert it onto a wire and cool for about 5 to 10 minutes longer before drizzling the lemon drizzle by mixing the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Eat!