Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fragrant extra-virgin olive oil
- For the lemon syrup: 5 tblsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tblsps water
- For the Lemon drizzle: 3 tblsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade . Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter or cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper also.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the yogurt, sugar, and eggs. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Stir until well-blended .
- 3. Add the olive oil and mix until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- 4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5. Make the lemon syrup by mixing powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the syrup over it immediately.
- 6. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Loosen the edges from the pan with a butter knife and invert it onto a wire and cool for about 5 to 10 minutes longer before drizzling the lemon drizzle by mixing the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Eat!
My Tip: Eat on the day it's made.