How To Make Orange Leafy Salad
A classic winter combination of orange and fennel, this salad is a delight to eat
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time5mins
Ingredients to make Orange Leafy Salad
- 6 blood oranges cut into segments
- 1/4 of a large red onion cut as thinly as possible
- 1 bunch of mint julienned and a few leaves torn
- 1/4 cup sheep's milk feta
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup pistachios lightly crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
Steps to make Orange Leafy Salad
- Assemble all the citrus segments in a large bowl and mix in onions. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil on medium–high. Add the cumin seeds and cook until the cumin seeds pop slightly and a lovely fragrance emits from the pan. Add vinegar to the pan and swirl to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss all over the citrus. Mix in pistachios. When plating, add mint and pistachios to the tops of each portion.