Veg Dum Biryani
How to make Ghee
- For biryani masala- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 3-4 each maces star anise & cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp each cardamom cloves & peppercorn
- For rice-2 cup basmati rice
- 2 bay leaves & 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp each lemon juice & salt
- For veggies-1 each green & red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower & 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup each peas & carrots chopped
- 1 each tomato chopped &onion sliced
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 2 tsp each biryani masala ginger paste & garlic paste
- 1 tsp each turmeric powder & red chilli powder
- To Fry: 1/2 cup each paneer & potatoes cubed
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cahshew nuts & 2 tbsp raisins
- other ingredient-1/4 cup coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves chopped and ghee
- few saffron strands soaked in warm milk
- 1/4 cup milk cream
- 2 tsp biryani masala
- Oil as needed
- Wash, soak rice in 2 cups of water.In a pan add the soaked with water.Add another cup water ,oil,lemon juice,salt and bay leaves.Let it cook ,covered for 10 mins or until rice are partially cooked.
- In a pan heat oil,add onions,garlic paste and ginger paste.Saute fro 5-7 mins. Add all the veggies,mix well.Sprinkle salt,biryani masala ,red chilli and turmeric powder.Cook covered until cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all the ingredients listed to fry ,one by one.Drain on paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl add the fried items ,chopped coriander and mint leaves.Pour in the saffron milk ,milk cream, melted ghee and birynai masala. Mix everything well until combined.(Mixture)
- In a big heavy bottom pan ,add a layer of cooked veggies along with some water from it.Top it up with a layer of partially cooked rice.Sprinkle some of the mixture.Repeat layers of veggies , rice and mixture until everything is used.
- Cover with aluminium foil and then with lid.Cook on simmer(dum) for about 20-25 mins. Once cooked remove from heat and serve hot with chutney or raita.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.