Ingredients to make Sattu Paratha
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sattu (Roasted chana dal flour)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 green chilly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur (dried mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- salt to taste
- oil for shallow frying
- water as needed
Steps to make Sattu Paratha
- Take sattu powder or coarsely grind chana dal to make sattu powder. Combine all the ingredients including sattu in a large bowl and mix properly.Add a little water and set aside. Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a little oil on the surface of the chapati and place a tablespoon of Sattu mixture. Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Sattu mixture inside it to a round patty.
- Again roll the patty into the size of Paratha . Transfer the rolled paratha into a preheated griddle or tawa , add sufficient amount of oil and roast paratha from both sides .Flip and cook it on medium heat till both the sides are done.
- Serve hot with curd , Aloo chutney or brinjal chutney.