How To Make Carrot and lentil soup
A healthy and delicious soup that is perfect to warm you up on cold evenings.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time20mins
Key ingredients for Carrot and lentil soup
Homemade Vegetable Stock
Ingredients to make Carrot and lentil soup
- 500 grams carrots coarsely grated
- 2/3 cup masoor dal
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt according to taste
Steps to make Carrot and lentil soup
- Heat a pan and roast the cumin seeds for a minute.
- Then pour in the oil, once the oil is hot, put in the grated carrot and dal together. Saute this mixture for 2 minutes.
- Then pour in the stock and milk together into the pan, bring this to a boil. Let this mixture simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the dal softens.
- Blend the soup with a hand mixer until it is smooth.
- Serve warm with a garnish of cream and coriander leaf.