Pea soup with basil
How to make Coconut Milk
- 600 grams frozen peas
- 1 large sized onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger piece finely chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Handful of basil leaves coarsley chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 750 ml water
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan. Put in the chopped onion, garlic, ginger. Saute and cook this mixture.
- Pour in the water along with the coconut milk and chopped basil leaves. Bring this to a boil then adjust the seasonings as per taste.
- Next put in the peas along with the lemon juice. Bring it to a boil then turn off the heat.
- Let this mixture cool down. Once it is cooled, make a puree with the help of a hand blender. Before serving, warm the soup a little.