Coconut Lemon Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- ï†¾ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 3 drops yellow food colouring
- Zest of one large lemon finely minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup icing sugar for rolling cookies
- 1. Preheat oven to180 degree centigrade. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3. Using your fingers mix the lemon zest and sugar together. Add the butter and whisk till fluffy.
- 4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and yellow colouring.
- 5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
- 6. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 7. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned
My Tip: Lemon and coconut pair beautifully