How To Make Vegetarian Laksa
A soupy noodle broth, Laksa is a Malay specialty and tastes wonderful on a cold winters night
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Vegetarian Laksa
How to make Coconut Milk
Homemade Vegetable Stock
Ingredients to make Vegetarian Laksa
- 1 cup carrots and beans
- 100 grams tofu
- 100 grams broccoli
- Sea salt according to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 2-3 fresh red chillies deseeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander leaves picked stalks reser
- 1 tblsp sesame oil
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 2 tblsp light soya sauce
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 200 gms noodles
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 1 bunch green onions only greens
- 2 tblsp olive oil
Steps to make Vegetarian Laksa
- In a blender add chillies, garlic, ginger and coriander stalks, sesame oil, lime juice, zest and soya sauce and blend into a thin paste.
- Heat a pan. Add olive oil to it and quickly stir in the paste. Cook for about a minute before adding the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Meanwhile boil noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add in the tofu and noodles into the soup and mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Pour into bowls and top with sliced red chilli and green onions. Serve with a wedge of lemon