Orange Yogurt Cake (Butter free)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (powdered)
- 1/2 cup thick creamy yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons candied orange peels chopped fine (or zest)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Grease and line one 8 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Keep it aside.
- In another large bowl, take the next five ingredients and beat well till you get a uniform mixture. You may use a hand blender as well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix till you get a lump free smooth batter. Do not over mix. Stir in candied peels or zest.
- Pour this batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 -30 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the rack.
- Slice the next day and serve for best taste.
My Tip: Add finely grated zest of an orange along with candied peels for an intense orange flavour.