How To Make Mirchi ka achar/Green chilli pickle
My no-frills green chilli pickle, that gets sour with the addition of mustard and has very little oil.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time5mins
Ingredients to make Mirchi ka achar/Green chilli pickle
- Green chillies- 250 gms
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard seeds(black)- 2 heaped tbsp
- Mustard oil- 1/4 cup
- Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
Steps to make Mirchi ka achar/Green chilli pickle
- Wash and dry chillies for a day, under the sun if possible(there should not be any trace of moisture). Also clean and dry a large glass bottle.
- Powder the mustard seeds in a spice blender. Combine mustard seed powder and turmeric with salt and keep aside.
- Slit green chillies and stuff with the spice paste. Place one by one into the glass jar.
- Keep in the sun for a day.
- Next day, heat mustard oil to smoking point, let cool till warm and pour on top of the green chillies.
- Keep the bottle in the sun for 2-3 days, your pickle is ready.