Karahi dishes are basically only tomato based gravies with spices. Karahi or Kadhai Paneer is popular dish of the Indian cuisine. This would always be the first preference for all the vegetarians at restaurants or parties. The method is very easy and quick to cook a delicious and tantalizing treat.
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time45Minutes
- 250 gms paneer cut in cubes
- 4 tomatoes blanched peeled deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. karahi masala
- 1 large capsicum cut in cubes
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp + for garnish ginger juliennes
- 2 tbsp cream
- juice of half lemon
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- In a karahi/deep bottom pan, heat an oil and butter. Add peppercorns and cumin seeds, allow them to crackle.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add karahi masala, cumin powder, red chili powder and ginger juliennes.
- Cook till the masalas are well cooked and starts leaving oil.
- Add capsicum and sauté for minute. Do not overcook the capsicum, leave it bit crunchy.
- Add kasuri methi, lemon juice, salt, sugar and mix. Add paneer cubes and cream, mix gently and cook for another minute.
- Dish out in serving platter and enjoy them hot with crispy flaky lachcha parathas, phulka, nan or pulao of your choice.