Dhaniya Fried Chicken
- 6 - 8 chicken pieces (Leg and breast)
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste (I use Smith and Jones)
- 2 tbsp sabut/whole dhaniya/coriander seeds (semi crushed)
- Paste of 1 onion
- Paste of 1 - 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of whole spices (1 clove 2 cardamom 1 cinnamon)
- 2 - 3 tbsp tomato ketchup (I used kissan)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the chicken. Let it stand in the colander for a while, so that the water dries up and excess moisture dissolves.
- Combine all the ingredients except the whole spices, 1/4 tbsp of sabut dhaniya and oil. Add in the chicken pieces. You can marinate it over night but 3- 4 hours is good enough as well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai and add in the whole spices. When the oil is sufficiently warm, add in the chicken pieces and keep the flame on medium - low.
- With the help of the spatula you can check when the chicken is done. Note to fry the chicken just before you are about to serve it.
- Serve hot with your choice of sauce or chutney.
My Tip: Adding whole spices in the oil enhances its flavour,