Ingredients to make Buttery Brown sugar Apple Cake
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Flour- 2 1/2 cups
- Brown sugar- 2 cups
- Cored and sliced apples- 2 cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- Butter- 1/2 cup(melted)
- Cinnamon- 1 tsp
- 1 Egg
- Extra Icing sugar- for dusting on top
- Lemon/Orange zest- 1/4 tsp
- pinch of salt
Steps to make Buttery Brown sugar Apple Cake
- First combine 2 tbsps of butter, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 cup brown sugar, mix well and keep aside. This is your cake topping. Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Grease and line a round 9 inch baking pan.In a large bowl combine the rest of the butter and brown sugar and whisk well.
- Add buttermilk, apples, egg, vanilla essence, zest, salt and mix well.
- Now tip in the flour, remaining cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and mix lightly.Pour out batter into the pan, sprinkle the brown sugar butter topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Dust with icing sugar.. Serve warm with vanilla Ice Cream.
My Tip: Add some golden raisins/walnuts!