How To Make Malai Kofta
This is one of the dishes I prefer to make at dinners when we have guests who are vegetarians as they mostly prefer paneer.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time25mins
Key ingredients for Malai Kofta
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Malai Kofta
- Paneer- 150 grams (I used home made)
- Tomatoes- 3 (Chopped)
- Cashewnuts- 1/2 cup
- Melon seeds - 1/4 cup
- Poshto/poppy seeds - 1 tsp (optional)
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Green cardamoms- 2
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Yogurt 1/4 cup
- Flour/maida 2 tsp
- Fresh cream 2 tbsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander to garnish
Steps to make Malai Kofta
- Pressure cook the tomatoes with cashew nuts, melon seeds, poppy seeds, ginger, green cardamoms, red chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp oil. (1 whistle is enough)
- When the mixture cools down, grind it in a blender. Add in the curd and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Mash the paneer in a bowl. Add in green cardamom powder, salt, flour and mix well. Take small portions and shape them into koftas.
- In a kadhai, heat sufficient oil and deep fry the koftas. Place them on tissue papers to drain the excess oil.
- Strain the mixture and transfer it in a pan, bring the mixture to a boil and add in the garam masala along with the cream.
- In a serving bowl add the deep fried koftas, (I sprinkle some chat masala and then pour the gravy on top.) Garnish with some more cream before serving.
- Finally garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot.
My Tip: Homemade paneer is always better and its texture is best suited for this dish. I sometimes add bread crumbs to koftas as well.