How To Make Indo Greek Salad
Nutritious and a crunchy salad. My family loves it anytime of the day with meals or it can be a meal itself. Healthy and easy to make.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time2mins
Ingredients to make Indo Greek Salad
- 1 Red Bell pepper
- 1 Green Bell pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell pepper
- 1 large Organic Chinese Cucumber
- 1 medium Tomato
- 4-5 boiled Water Caltrops (Singhare)
- 1 inch Ginger, crushed
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 10 black Olives
- Coriander for garnish
- 1 tsp olive oil for garnish
- Salt to taste
- 100 gm Tofu or Cottage Cheese
Steps to make Indo Greek Salad
- Boil the water caltrop (sanghare) before hand. Let them cool down.
- Finely chop the vegetables (bell peppers, cucumber and tomatoes). Mix them in a large bowl with a spatula.
- Now peel off the skin of water caltrops (singhare) and cut them in quarters. Add them to the other vegetables. Cut tofu into small cubes and add all in to the mixing bowl.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and olive oil. Mix gently.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and olives. Add salt to taste just before serving.
My Tip: Do not over boil water caltrops or they will become mushy. Keep them half boiled. One whistle in pressure cooker or 7 minutes in the microwave with water is just fine. Add oregano for enhancing the flavours.