- 1 pack White Sandwich Bread
- 1 medium Organic Chinese Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Butter or Margarine
- 2 cups Green peas, boiled
- 3 tablespoon Spring Onion
- 2 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dry Mango powder
- 1 tsp coarsly ground Black Pepper
- A handful of mint leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 small Tomato
- 1 small Onion
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5 - 6 cloves of Garlic
- A drop of green food coloring
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt to taste
- For Hot green sandwiches - Grind the green peas, spring onion, dry mango powder, black pepper and bread crumbs together. Make a crumbly mixture. Add salt and keep aside.
- Grind mint leaves, tomato, green chillies, onion, ginger, garlic and 1 tsp salt. Keep the mint chutney aside.
- Spread a little butter on both pieces of bread. On one piece put a spoonful of peas mixture and spread it to the sides.
- On the other piece put 2 tsp of mint chutney and spread evenly. Assemble the sandwich, drizzle olive oil on top and grill press for few minutes until golden brown.
- For Cold green sandwiches: Grate cucumber and mix with mayonnaise and green food coloring in it. Add a pinch of salt to the mixture.
- Remove crust from both pieces of the bread. Spread generous spoonful of the mixture on one side and assemble accordingly.
- Cut the sandwich into triangles and serve.
My Tip: Keep the mint chutney stored in fridge for 8-10 days.