- 1 cauliflower head large sized
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup + 3/4 cup (for topping) Mozzarella
- 1 tsp dried herbs like basil or parsley
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius. Rinse the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves and separate into florets. Place the florets into a food processor and process until it is of rice texture.
- Place an oven baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove it and and line it with a tea/linen towel. Let it cool down a bit until it is safe to touch.
- Fold the towel and squeeze the liquid as hard as you can. Be patient and remove all the water.
- Increase the temperature to 232 degree celsius.Transfer the cauliflower to a mixing bowl along with egg whites, 1/2 cup cheese, herbs, black pepper, a pinch of salt and mix to combine it well.
- Transfer it to baking sheet and flatten with your hands into a rectangular shape, approximately 1/4" thick.
- Bake for 18 minutes, then remove it and top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Then bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut it into a 10 rectangular stick shapes and serve warm.
My Tip: You can use spicy tomato sauce for dipping. For a lighter version do not top with the extra 3/4 cup cheese.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.