Homemade Short Crust Pastry
- 500 gm Chicken Breast
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 to 20 Puff pastry sheets
- Mix the below listed 4 ingredients:
- 5 tbsp garlic mayonnaise (in plain mayo add crushed garlic)
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp mustard paste
- 1 tbsp crushed red chilli
- Pressure cook the chicken breast with black pepper powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste and water together for 2-3 whistles. Once cooled, remove the chicken and shred it.
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, mustard paste and crushed red chilli flakes to it.
- Then mix the shredded chicken with the prepared paste. Adjust the salt levels as per taste.
- Take a pastry and fill it with the prepared chicken filling. Fold and twist with fingers to form a pattern or use the fork to seal it ( Press the fork to the edges of folded pastry to seal)
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 25 to 30 minutes till it turns light brown in color and is puffed up.
My Tip: Notes on storing and freezing- Freeze it separately on a tray. Store in a zip lock when frozen Defrost on counter for 5 minutes and bake till done.