How To Make Tomato and carrot soup
A filling and nutritious soup that is absolutely oil free. A great dish for winter evenings.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time25mins
Ingredients to make Tomato and carrot soup
- Medium sized Tomatoes - 2
- Baby carrots -5
- Garlic cloves - 4
- Ginger - 1
- Onion - 1 medium sized sliced
- Whole Black peppercorns - 5
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - to taste
- Water - enough to cook in
Steps to make Tomato and carrot soup
- Put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Then remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Blend this mixture in a mixer or with the help of a hand blender.
- Strain into a pan and boil for 5 minutes to get a good consistency. Adjust seasoning as per taste.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder and serve hot with bread croutons.
My Tip: I do not add any thickening agent like cornflour or maida in this. If the soup is too watery, a slice of toasted bread added when blending will help.