How To Make Pineapple Upside down cake
A very moist and delicious cake, with a chunk of sweet pineapple in every bite. Excellent with Ice cream.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time40mins
Ingredients to make Pineapple Upside down cake
- for the topping- 50 gms Unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can sliced Pineapple
- 10 Red cherries
- For the cake-
- 200gms Plain flour
- 100gms Unsalted butter melted or Oil
- 200gms sugar (powdered)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple syrup(from canned pineapple)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Egg
Steps to make Pineapple Upside down cake
- Prepare the topping first- Take a baking pan and pour the butter in it, spread out evenly, sprinkle the sugar and arrange the pineapple slices decoratively on top, fill gaps and hole in pineapple with cherries.Keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- For the cake- Whisk the melted butter and sugar together in a large bowl, add in the egg, curd, milk, pineapple juice and vanilla and whisk well again.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Fold in the flour into the butter mixture with a light hand.
- Pour over or spoon this batter on top of the prepared pineapple topping carefully.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Invert onto serving plate and serve warm or chilled with whipped cream.
My Tip: The beauty of this cake is that no frosting is required as it is already so beautiful when inverted out of pan.