How To Make Curried Soya beans (vegan)
Soya beans have a high nutritive value & great health benefits. Soya beans are a complete source of protein. It contains all the essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, lecithin, riboflavin and dietary fiber. Curried soya beans with ghee smeared soft rotis or crisp paranthas make a healthy low calorie breakfast or meal.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Key ingredients for Curried Soya beans (vegan)
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Curried Soya beans (vegan)
- 3 hands full white soybeans
- 2 medium size onions
- 5-6 buds garlic
- 3 large tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- A pinch of sugar
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Half bunch green coriander chopped finely
- Green chilies and lemon (optional)
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Curried Soya beans (vegan)
- Soak soya beans overnight or for 5 to 6 hours. Transfer to pressure cooker and add water that is just enough to cover the soya beans. Add half teaspoon salt and pressure cook till tender.
- Chop onions finely. Mince garlic. Blanch and chop tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add onions. Cook on medium flame till translucent. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and sugar. Cover and cook till the gravy thickens and oil begins to separate. Add turmeric and coriander powder.
- Drain and add cooked soya beans. Mix well. Adjust salt. Add garam masala. Garnish with chopped green coriander. Serve with slit green chilies and lemon halves.
- Serve hot with roti or parantha.