How to make Garam Masala
- 1 cup Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Yellow Moong dal
- 1/4 cup Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Amchur
- 1 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp Oil
- A pinch of hing/asafoetida
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Soak urad dal and moong dal for 3 hours.
- Drain off the excess water and grind both dals.
- In a bowl, take maida, rice flour, salt and oil. Add water to knead it into a dough.
- Keep the dough at rest for 20-25 mins.
- Heat some oil in the vessel, add cumin powder and hing. After cumin gets brown add ginger paste,red chilli powder,coriander powder, amchur, fennel powder,garam masala and besan.
- Cook for 2 mins and add the ground urad and moong daal.
- Cook for another 7-8 mins.
- Make small spheres from the dough. Roll the sphere into small circles.
- Add 1 tbsp of the dal mixture. Join the edges and make a flat ball.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan (not too hot) and fry the kachoris on medium flame, so that they become crisp.Fry till golden brown.
- Serve it with aloo ki sabzi.
My Tip: You put a number of fillings in your kachori. One of my favourites is the a sauteed onion filling