Panang Curry with Chicken~from scratch!
How to make Coconut Milk
- 500gms boneless Chicken, sliced
- 1 can coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 10 Thai Basil leaves
- Cashewnuts/peanuts- 1/4 cup, chopped
- Red chillies- sliced, for garnish
- For the Panang curry paste-
- 4 Dried red chillies
- 2 Lemongrass stalks
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 chopped peeled fresh or frozen galangal
- 1 large spring onion, chopped
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- 5-6 Kaffir lime leaves
- Salt to taste
- For the panang curry paste- Soak the chillies in a little hot water for half an hour. Add all the other ingredients as well as the chillies into a food processor and process till smooth but chunky. Can be stored in the fridge.
- In a heavy pan, heat oil and add 2 large tbsp of the curry paste, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add half of the coconut milk and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken along with the remaining coconut milk and cook covered on low heat till chicken is done.
- Uncover and add the basil leaves as well as the cashews/peanuts.
- Season and adjust salt.
- Serve garnished with some sliced red chillies and some freshly boiled sticky rice.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.