How To Make Chicken soup with Lemongrass (Tom Kha kai)
A flavorful and nutritious soup with the fullness of Chicken , vegetables and delicious spices like lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and fish sauce.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Chicken soup with Lemongrass (Tom Kha kai)
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Chicken soup with Lemongrass (Tom Kha kai)
- Chicken Fillets- 500 gm.
- Lemon Grass Stem - 01 no.
- Lemon Leaves - 04 nos.
- Galangal- 01 no.
- Mushroom- 250 gm.
- Tomatoes- 02 nos.
- Chilli Paste- 05 gm.
- Coconut Milk - 400 ml.
- Lemon Juice- 15 ml.
- Fish Sauce- 15 gm.
Steps to make Chicken soup with Lemongrass (Tom Kha kai)
- Cut lemongrass into 3 cm long pieces, fold lemon leaves, wash galangal and slice.
- Cut mushrooms into half. Dice tomatoes. Slice chicken fillets.
- Heat coconut milk and add lemongrass. Simmer coconut milk for two minutes.
- Pour in 3/4 l (1 1/4 pts) water and heat. Add chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
- Season with chilli paste, fish sauce and lemon juice. Remove lemongrass and lemon leaves before serving