How To Make Paniyaram (using leftover Idli batter)
Delicious little bites...crispy outside and soft inside, great way to use up leftover idli batter.Paniyaram is Vegan and Gluten free too.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time6mins
Key ingredients for Paniyaram (using leftover Idli batter)
How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
Ingredients to make Paniyaram (using leftover Idli batter)
- 2 cups idli batter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 onion finely chopped
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
Steps to make Paniyaram (using leftover Idli batter)
- Take a large bowl and add idli batter into it.
- Mix in the green chillies, grated ginger, onion, asafoetida, coconut, curry leaves as well as salt and pepper into the batter.Mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the paniyaram moulds and brush some oil on the insides.
- Pour the batter in the mould and let cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Turn them so that the other side of the paniyaram gets crispy.
- Take out and let them cool down for 5-7 mins.
- Serve paniyaram with sambhar and coconut chutney.