Tunisian Fricasse - Tunisian Sandwich Bread
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 -2 tbsp oil to knead the dough
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
- Take flour, salt, honey and yeast together in a bowl. Whisk it well to combine. Slowly pour in water and start kneading. As you knead, add oil and make a soft dough.
- Place the dough to a kneading surface, I have used my kitchen counter for this. Knead for about 4-5 minutes to get a soft dough. Divide this dough into 6-7 portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball and shape it into a elongated bun the size of your fist. Let the shaped rolls rest for about an hour or until they double.
- Once doubled, heat a deep pan with oil, when it is hot enough, drop the buns in gently and deep fry until they turn golden brown on all sides.
- Remove them using a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen towel. Let the bread cool well.
- Slice it using a bread knife and stuff it with your favorite stuffing to make a delicious sandwich.
- Serve instantly to enjoy!
My Tip: I stuffed my bread with a cheese slice,cucumber slices and a tbsp of chickpeas and seasoned them with a dash of pepper. It was yummy!