How To Make Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting and walnuts
Delicious moist cake with chunks of sweet pineapple and crunchy walnut bits, topped with tangy cream cheese..this cake is one of my all time favourites!
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time40mins
Ingredients to make Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting and walnuts
- 2 cups All purpose flour(maida)
- 2 cups Carrots(grated)
- 1 can Pineapple in syrup, drained and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Sugar(powdered)
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Oil- 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk- 3/4 cup
- Walnuts- 1 cup, toasted
- For the cream cheese frosting-
- 50gms Unsalted Butter(softened)
- 200 gms Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Steps to make Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting and walnuts
- Grease and line a large round pan. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and sieve twice.
- In another bowl lightly whip the eggs and add sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a light hand.
- Add the pineapple, 1/2 cup walnuts and grated carrot in the end and combine thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the frosting- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in a clean bowl. Beat thoroughly till light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting on top of the cake, you can sandwich the cake with the frosting too if desired.
- Top with the toasted walnuts and serve.