Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting and walnuts
- 2 cups All purpose flour(maida)
- 2 cups Carrots(grated)
- 1 can Pineapple in syrup, drained and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Sugar(powdered)
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Oil- 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk- 3/4 cup
- Walnuts- 1 cup, toasted
- For the cream cheese frosting-
- 50gms Unsalted Butter(softened)
- 200 gms Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Grease and line a large round pan. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and sieve twice.
- In another bowl lightly whip the eggs and add sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a light hand.
- Add the pineapple, 1/2 cup walnuts and grated carrot in the end and combine thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the frosting- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in a clean bowl. Beat thoroughly till light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting on top of the cake, you can sandwich the cake with the frosting too if desired.
- Top with the toasted walnuts and serve.