How To Make Chicken Stroganoff
Creamy delicious and so easy to put together, chicken stroganoff makes the perfect winter dinner
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Chicken Stroganoff
Homemade Chicken Stock
Ingredients to make Chicken Stroganoff
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 200 grams chicken stock
- 100 grams cream
- 2 tblsp yogurt
- 1/ 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tblsp parsley chopped
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
Steps to make Chicken Stroganoff
- Cut the chicken into strips. Heat oil and butter in a pan and cook fry the chicken until brown on either sides, about 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan fry the onions until soft and translucent. Add chicken stock to it as well as the mustard. Bring it to a boil. Add the pieces of chicken to it.
- Add yogurt and cream and adjust seasoning. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Finally add the nutmeg and parsley.
- Turn off heat. Squeeze a bit of lemon and serve with steaming hot rice.