How To Make Achari Chicken Rasedaar
Beautifully spiced and with added potatoes, this dish is a must try in winters.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time60mins
Ingredients to make Achari Chicken Rasedaar
- 1 Whole chicken (Cut from joints)
- Green chillies slit 2 - 4
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Onions
- Kalonji - 1 tsp
- Methi dana - 1/2 tsp
- Whole jeera - 1 tsp
- Saunf - 1 tsp
- Thick yogurt - 3 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted Jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 3, chopped
- Ginger - Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Haldi - 1/2 tsp
- Potatoes - 2
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch
- Oil as required
Steps to make Achari Chicken Rasedaar
- Squeeze out the juice from the lemon, soak the slit green chillies in it and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a Kadhai/wok and fry the onions till translucent. Add in the kalonji, methi dana, jeera and saunf. Saute for a minute.
- Add in the Ginger - Garlic paste followed by haldi powder and roast well. Add in the chicken pieces and add some more oil if required.
- Add in the yogurt, gently stir the chicken. Once it leaves oil, add the red chilli powder, roasted jeera powder and finally the chopped tomatoes. Roast well.
- Add in 1/2 a cup of water, salt to taste and cook covered on simmer for about 30 minutes. (If using potatoes, you can add them now.)
- Once the chicken becomes tender, add in the lemon-chilli juice. Add in the fresh coriander and stir gently.
- Serve Hot.