How To Make Masala Dosa
A delicious masala dosa is the perfect choice for a healthy and wealthy breakfast.
- Prep Time6Hours
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Masala Dosa
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Masala Dosa
- 100 grams urad dal
- 300 grams rice
- Salt to taste
- Filling Ingredients:
- 2 large sized potatoes
- 1/2 tsp yellow split peas
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
Steps to make Masala Dosa
- Wash and soak the rice and urad dal separately for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Grind the rice and dal to form a smooth paste. Then put this paste in a bowl, add in salt, onion, chillies and water to make a thin batter.
- Heat a pan or a griddle with some ghee or oil.
- Take a ladle and spread a spoonful of this mixture on the pan in a circular motion and make a thin dosa. Cook this dosa on both the sides.
- In a kadai, heat some oil. Add in the mustard seed, peas, onions together. Fry them for about 5 minutes till the onions turn into a golden brown colour.
- Next add the potatoes and mix it well. Continue cooking till the potatoes are cooked through. Then add this filling inside the cooked dosa and roll it.
- Serve this hot with coconut chutney on the side.